Thursday, February 4, 2016
Motherhood
10 weeks with my sweet tiny girl in my life and my whole world has changed! I'm sure that motherhood will change me in many deep and profound ways, but today I marvel at the little ways this girl has changed me.
1. My voice - I've always been loud. I had one setting - "I will be heard." My parents were joking the other night that Cora taught me what they never could, to speak softly. I've never been asked to repeat myself so much (and remember I was a teacher). My default mode now is a whisper.
2. Driving - I don't like it. I have always avoided it at all costs. In college I would let my friends drive my car just so I wouldn't have to. Before Cora I couldn't tell you the last time I filled up the gas tank or drove for more than 20 minutes every once in awhile. Now, I drive everyday for at least 40 minutes. I'm not driving to get some where our do some thing, I'm just driving. Cora loves the car and will only go down for naps if I drive her.
3. Queso - I love dairy. I could make an entire meal out of chips and queso (and must admit multiple times have). It's not just queso though, I love cheese sticks, Greek yogurt, and cereal. Unfortunately, dairy and Cora don't get along. Good bye dairy. Ooh and good bye gluten, but that one isn't as hard. Don't get me wrong, I miss gluten, but at least that one I'm used to giving up because of Max.
Cora, my love, I am so happy that you are here and that you have already changed me so much. I can't wait to see how you grow and change and how God uses you to change and conform me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment